Happy New Year and welcome to a new beginning.
As I was contemplating what I wanted to write, I thought about the fact that stores always do an inventory of product when they are ready to bring in new merchandise. This is the time when items go on sale to move them out of the store. It is the time when we consumers expect great deals.
All of this made me think that it was time for me to do a personal inventory of my current life and choices regarding relationships, work, creativity and finances. It has been an incredible process because I have had a chance to look at how I view my life and what areas need to be cleared out to make room for the new.
Below, I’ve shared with you my process. It might be something you want to do for yourself as you move into 2010.
- I made a list of areas that are important to me (family, friends, work, money, spirituality, health and self-care).
- I picked the top three issues in each area and wrote, honestly, about how I am doing with each. There was good news and interesting news. In some of the areas I was strong and felt clear. Others felt cluttered and disconnected.
- For the areas that felt strong, I made affirmations to continue to anchor them.
- I picked one challenge in each area and created an intention statement. Intentions seed experience.
- Now, I am committed to reading my intentions daily for the month of January.
In this moment, that is all that I am doing. By not creating a goal or to-do list, I am opening myself up to guidance for expansion and growth in each of these areas. I am excited to see what comes in.
I am meeting so many people who are excited about this year. They seem to have a sense that something great is coming. I, too, feel that this year will be a representation of my change in consciousness and my new choices.
Take a moment to remember this:
Today, I am open to inner guidance as I examine my amazing life. I am committed to being clearer and stronger as I enter this year. I am powerful and I claim it.
I wish for you a magical, mystical and extraordinary year!