- Gaiam Blog - http://blog.gaiam.com -
Yoga at Work: 5 Poses to Do at Your Desk
Posted By Gwen Lawrence On August 13, 2012 @ 3:35 pm In Fitness, Yoga | 2 Comments
How much more productive  would you be if you could clear your mind by opening your body? If you sit at a desk all day , taking periodic breaks to move your body can counteract chronic “desk slump” and reduce stress and muscle tension.
Since yoga is all about balance , it is the perfect tool for creating a happy, stress-free body. When your body is in this state, your mind is more focused, making you a more productive and valuable employee.
In order to bring the body into balance and increase blood flow and oxygenation, do the following desk yoga routine  at least once a day. Need a reminder? Write yourself a Post-it note! I’ll bet you have some in your desk…
1. Shoulder Rolls: To release tension in your shoulders and upper back, shrug your shoulders towards your ears and roll them back down your back a few times. Repeat, rolling your shoulders forward.
2. Wrist Openers: These will combat carpal tunnel syndrome as well as arm and shoulder tension. Click here for a how-to .
3. Neck Rolls: To relieve tension in your neck, drop your right ear to your right shoulder, then roll your neck in a few slow circles. Repeat on the left side, rolling in the opposite direction.
4. Seated Pigeon: Use this pose to counter tight hips from long hours spent sitting. Click here to learn Seated Pigeon .
5. Seated Twists: Use these exercises to wring out the spine and increase energy and vitality. Click here for a video tutorial .
Article printed from Gaiam Blog: http://blog.gaiam.com
URL to article: http://blog.gaiam.com/yoga-at-work-5-poses-to-do-at-your-desk/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://blog.gaiam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Desk-Yoga2.jpg
 more productive: http://life.gaiam.com/article/1-minute-breathing-exercise-energy-and-productivity
 sit at a desk all day: http://www.gaiamtv.com/video/desktop-yoga?chan=GaiamLife&utm_source=GaiamLife&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=10day
 yoga is all about balance: http://www.gaiamtv.com/tv/yoga-balance-video?chan=GaiamLife&utm_source=GaiamLife&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=10day
 desk yoga routine: http://life.gaiam.com/video/desk-yoga-breathe-out-stress
 Click here for a how-to: http://life.gaiam.com/article/give-yourself-hand
 Click here to learn Seated Pigeon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVlX5HNKamw
 Click here for a video tutorial: http://life.gaiam.com/video/seated-twist-detox-feel-better
Copyright © 2007 Gaiam Community Blog. All rights reserved.