By The FIRM Master Instructor Nancy Butts
I love music and have a TON of it from all genres. I adore every song listed below and hope that you do, too. If you haven’t heard them, look them up on You Tube! I stumbled upon N.E.R.D. out of a freebie bin from an auction we had at the office. You just never know when, where or how you will find a new band you love!
The playlist below is a great mix, in my opinion, of newer and older tunes. Each song puts me in a super great mood, builds up my energy and helps me push my muscles to the absolute max. That’s what a great sculpting playlist is for, right? I’ve also included a few sample exercises for each tune for fit-spiration. Enjoy!
- Vampire Weekend: Oxford Comma: Lunge, Biceps Curl, Side Lunge, Triceps Kickback
- Jennifer Lopez: I’m Into You & Hypnotico: Dip (Reverse Lunge) Kick, Clean & Press, Walking Plié, Lunge on Step
- N.E.R.D: Hot N Fun: Standing Abdominal Crunch, Squat Hold with Preacher Curl, Squat with Abduction & Alternating Overhead Press
- Pitbull: Hotel Room Service: Alternating Sumo Squat
- Sixpence None the Richer: Kiss Me: Leg Press, Triceps Dip, Hover Squat, Plié Upright Row
- Gwen Stefani: Hollaback Girl: Deadlift with Bent Row, Squat Burpee
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince: Boom! Shake the Room: Leg Press, Lat Row, Sumo Squat, Pushup, Closed Squat
- The Heavy: How You Like Me Now: Lat Row, Sumo Squat, Pushup, Plank & Row
- Fitz & the Tantrums: L.O.V. & MoneyGrabber: Walking Plank, Bench Press, Punch & Crunch, Ribcage Pullover
- Estelle (featuring Kanye West): American Boy: Abdominals, Bridge Pose, Abduction
Check out more of our favorite workout songs here!