Worried? We all are! I would like to share with you ways to develop powerful habits that will help you become masterful at dealing with worry, inspired by the book How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.
To live a life you love in a body you love, you must be able to get yourself to do the things you really don’t want to do. Seize the day! Don’t procrastinate.
6 ways to be worry-free
What can you do to start upgrading your lifestyle? Create better habits. Here are six things you can do today to seize the day and develop laser focus:
- Start every morning with this affirmation: “With great love and respect, I welcome this day with all my heart.”
- Write down what you are worried about. Get it all down on paper.
- Accept where you are. The first step in dealing with your situation powerfully and positively is acceptance of what is.
- Ask yourself, “What can I do today to improve upon my situation?” Seize the day! It is the only real possession you have. Find ways to improve your mood, your attitude and appreciation for life now.
- Take some action. Taking action is a powerful way to make you feel more in control. Go work out, call a friend, hire a life coach, pay your bills, send out a resume or clean your home.
- Say a prayer, write out your favorite affirmations or take a moment to meditate. This is one of the most powerful tools.
Increase positive energy
- Stand with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your right arm over your head. Allow the right knee to bend and really reach up. Keep your left arm by your left hip.
- Switch sides and do the same move on your left side.
- Now alternate your arms up and down as fast as you can for 60 seconds and say, “Yes! I will seize the day!”
You’ll be amazed at the flow of positive energy you will have to take positive action — now!
Be a warrior, not a worrier
Here’s something interesting: change the O in “worrier” to an A. It is now “warrior!” Be a warrior, not a worrier.
Bruce Lee said, “A warrior is an average man with laser focus.” Build your laser focus and think like Bruce Lee. Worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
Stop worrying and start living. Seize the day! It is the only one you have.
The warrior in me bows to the warrior in you.