Everyone is moving fast. The level of information bombarding us is staggering. My clients consistently talk about feeling over-amped and overwhelmed. It’s time for an “energetic rebirth” — take an inventory how many places are draining your energy and find new ways to become vital.
Some of the myriad ways we become depleted are due to our attachment to working way beyond what our body tells us is supportive. Many of us are energetically low because we eat the wrong foods, do not exercise and give our power over to people who drain us of vital life force. But if you become aware of how you use and transmit energy, you can become “new again.” You must decide that you are in charge of how you feel. Try an energetic recharging with these seven ways to begin feeding your own well-being.
1. Make a commitment to enhance your spiritual practice. That could be prayer, meditation, visualization, or time in quiet contemplation. The more you can be still, the more energized you will feel.
2. Breathe. Become aware of how often you hold your breath when you are stressed. This stops the flow of energy.
3. Inventory your food intake. Are you eating a balanced diet of protein, fruits and vegetables? If not, there are plenty of resources to help you eat healthier.
4. Schedule workout days that you will not change. They can include going to the gym, hiking, or working out with weights or fitness DVDs at home. It doesn’t matter how or when; what matters is that you do it.
5. Become aware of the people who drain or zap your energy. You are now at a choice point; you can stay in their company or begin to open to and attract people who transmit loving and powerful energy.
6. Become a witness to your self-talk. How often are you speaking negative and disempowering statements?
7. Anchor your day in gratitude. No matter what is happening, give thanks. The more grateful you become, the more positive energy and gifts will come your way.
Try saying this affirmation today:
“I am clear that I am a dynamic vessel of energy. Today, I invite in positive, powerful and life-enhancing energy. Thus, I transmit light-filled energy wherever I am.”