Planning a weekend getaway or a long vacation? No need to worry about losing time at the gym. Here are six fitness tips to help keep you on track while traveling, no equipment required.
1. When you check-in to a hotel, ask where the stairs are located. Remember, stairs don’t have to just be for emergency use. See if you can avoid using any elevators during your trip.
2. Swap that bus tour for a walking tour. There’s no better way to get to know a new place than by walking it on your own two feet. In some places you can even take a segway tour, which will keep you on your feet and will be a memorable experience, too!
3. Go to an outdoor, flea or green market. What better way to get some local flavor than walking through the stalls and talking to some of the vendors!
4. Try out the regional dance or outdoor activity. Some hotels may offer classes at their facility, but if not, the concierge will be able to head you in the right direction.
5.Wrack up more steps by heading to museums. You may be surprised by just how much walking you’ll do as you make your way through the different galleries.
6. Track your progress and wear a fitness tracker or pedometer to see just how far you’re walking. The goal should be to hit at least 10,000 steps each day.